Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Window-RoyM Mix
I think I did this one before but a long while ago. This is new from scratch.

Mix 1: TB-Window-RMMix02a
I gave this song another shot. I tried my best to minimize the hard "C"s on "Calling" in the choruses. I may have over done it. Thoughts?

.mp3    TB-Window-RMMix02a.mp3 --  (Download: 6.12 MB)

I only have earbuds to listen and mix with at the moment. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.
-
Mix the song, not the tracks (<-pithy)
(10-09-2019, 05:19 PM)RoyMatthews Wrote: I think I did this one before but a long while ago. This is new from scratch.

I gave this song another shot. I tried my best to minimize the hard "C"s on "Calling" in the choruses. I may have over done it. Thoughts?

Good job... I Like it. To minimize the "C" have you tried to use a multiband compressor in middle hight band ? (Hi ratio and hi threshold)

(16-09-2019, 06:55 PM)prince977 Wrote:
(10-09-2019, 05:19 PM)RoyMatthews Wrote: I think I did this one before but a long while ago. This is new from scratch.

Good job... I Like it. To minimize the "C" have you tried to use a multiband compressor in middle hight band ? (Hi ratio and hi threshold)
Thanks for listening.

I tried a bunch of things. Yeah, a MBC or a De-esser might help. Though I think some of the power was in the mids/lower mids last time I checked.
I tried a quick fade in on each C but got lazy. This mix was something I wanted to work on relatively quickly. In the end I tried 'smearing' the initial hit with some modulation. It helped but wasn't that successful. Ultimately I decided to move on.

I only have earbuds to listen and mix with at the moment. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.
-
Mix the song, not the tracks (<-pithy)