Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Candlebox: 'Happy Pills'
Here is Version 1
Version 2 (the one on the top ) Based on Roys 'feedback .

Cheers Big Grin

.mp3    Happy Pills V.2..mp3 --  (Download: 7.81 MB)

.mp3    Happy Pills V1.mp3 --  (Download: 7.88 MB)

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

Overall I think it works. The only real issue I have is with the guitars. They feel somewhat hollow and empty to me. It's a cool song but I don't know if it takes away some of the power or the track. They're a bit upfront I think to compensate and as a result then to overshadow the rest of the band. (That said, I've had a lot of issues with the guitars in this one and they almost always feel loud in everyone's mixes. So, I suspect I'm just not hearing this tune right)
Behind the guitars the rest of the band feels pretty good.
After a quick listen nothing else jumps out at me besides the guitars which, again, sound cool but I'm not sure if they're appropriate for the track.
Though, I have been wrong before...
(07-09-2019, 02:44 PM)RoyMatthews Wrote: Overall I think it works. The only real issue I have is with the guitars. They feel somewhat hollow and empty to me. It's a cool song but I don't know if it takes away some of the power or the track. They're a bit upfront I think to compensate and as a result then to overshadow the rest of the band. (That said, I've had a lot of issues with the guitars in this one and they almost always feel loud in everyone's mixes. So, I suspect I'm just not hearing this tune right)
Behind the guitars the rest of the band feels pretty good.
After a quick listen nothing else jumps out at me besides the guitars which, again, sound cool but I'm not sure if they're appropriate for the track.
Though, I have been wrong before...
Thanks for the Feedback Roy ,you are right about the guitars I had another go mixing the guitars !
Thanks !

I Listened to V2

- Guitars sound oddly out of phase. Not sure why. Try flipping polarity maybe? Guitars are also a tad too ‘fizzy’
- Bass is pretty boomy and is rather overpowering. I feel like this is the biggest distraction
- Kick could use more low end
- Vocals are pretty good
- Kick, Snare, and toms could come up just a tad
- Mix in general feels a bit too ‘scooped’. Maybe raise the mids by just a hair but not too much
- The guitar delay on the solo was cool

Good luck!
(31-10-2019, 09:00 PM)Nick Wrote: I Listened to V2

- Guitars sound oddly out of phase. Not sure why. Try flipping polarity maybe? Guitars are also a tad too ‘fizzy’
- Bass is pretty boomy and is rather overpowering. I feel like this is the biggest distraction
- Kick could use more low end
- Vocals are pretty good
- Kick, Snare, and toms could come up just a tad
- Mix in general feels a bit too ‘scooped’. Maybe raise the mids by just a hair but not too much
- The guitar delay on the solo was cool

Good luck!
Cheers for the feedback Nick Big Grin