Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Like you Do
I tried something different (than I usually do) all in the box, then I exported just the stems (wound up with 11) rebalanced them a bit and blended them with the 2 mix. Think that's kinda a hillbilly summer but I liked the result. The kick has been replaced with one from SPL drum Xchanger... did notice a misfire or so here and there, but what the hey... it's free.

Usually I'll debreath but I really loved her breathy sound... ya know boys?

Finally a half baked master using BX Masterdesk on a default setting (too lazy to tweak) besides, they know better than I do. Hope you find it enjoyable. Big Grin

-14.5 LUFS

Cans: Focal Listen Pro with Sonarworks ref4 correction.

.mp3    Like you Do.mp3 --  (Download: 10.84 MB)

Tone is in the ear of the beholder....
Mix balances are overall pretty good at the start, the vocals are a little whispy and thin and need some more polish. These Telefunken session have some of the most inconsistent vocals out there since the vocalist is usually bobbing and weaving on the mic. The vocals need some automation also since they get lost under the drum overheads half way through the song. Violins and horn need to come up, otherwise making the best out of bad recordings. Mix overall could use some ambiance and more focus on elements. Good effort, just needs more of it and some reparative work.
(02-09-2019, 01:58 AM)LightYearRecords11 Wrote: Mix balances are overall pretty good at the start, the vocals are a little whispy and thin and need some more polish. These Telefunken session have some of the most inconsistent vocals out there since the vocalist is usually bobbing and weaving on the mic. The vocals need some automation also since they get lost under the drum overheads half way through the song. Violins and horn need to come up, otherwise making the best out of bad recordings. Mix overall could use some ambiance and more focus on elements. Good effort, just needs more of it and some reparative work.

Did run Tonal Balance, and it's all over the place man...
Agreed, whom-ever Tele-FUNK-N has tracking this season could use a lesson or two. I wanted her voice to be more "breathy" ( I'm kinda in to sultry sounding women), but I think I over used music rebalance too much and killed most of the "good bleed" I could have used for "ambience". The Horn/Violin are on top of each other, I like how you were able to carve out a niche for them. My approach was just to leave them buried... seems the preview mix did blend them a bit better. Why they have a muted (flat) trumpet in the song is beyond me... maybe tambourine would be a better fit.
Tone is in the ear of the beholder....