Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Plywood Cowboy: 'Last Night's Gig'
I wish someone would design an acoustic pickup that actually sounds half decent. I certainly haven't heard one yet. Yuck!

Anyway, nothing too serious. Loud and proud.Big Grin

.mp3    Plywood Cowboy_Last Nights Gig_Dangerous#1.mp3 --  (Download: 4.65 MB)

Dave! How's the world treating you?

You have some really nice sounds going on! I almost wonder if the harmonies section isn't just ever so slightly on the thick side of things? Maybe a little bit of automation in the low mids if you have all the vocals on a buss. Maybe the fiddle sounds a little like it was disconnected from the group during the solo portion? Or maybe it could do with just a little more ambience fx? I love the crunchy drums.

All together, you have a really nice sounding mix. I almost wanted to say the cymbals were a little bright. . . but I am not sure I want to hang my hat on that. It's a really nice listen!

Draper
Hey, Thanks for dropping by Draper. All is good my end, thanks for asking.Big Grin

It's interesting reading your thoughts knowing my mix process and the elements I've put in place. With the harmonies, I did think of adding some side chained dynamic eq in this area as I did add a little weight to the main vox which does seem to clash a bit. The lack of ambience you feel with the fiddle also makes sense. I turned down the other mics during the it's 2x solos to try and clean it up and give it more focus. I should really introduce some artificial space through these parts to keep it blended.

Thanks for your thoughts. Very much appreciated.

Dave