Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Like you do (like I did)
Hello all!

I had a lot of fun with this track. I took a fairly ambient feel for this track, obviously. I did something I normally don't do. I kept the 2 instruments playing the same parts (the violin and the trumpet) on the same side, opposite of the guitar. I would typically do a more balanced approach, but for some reason, every time i went to send it to the other side, I invariably returned it over to the other side.

Also, I changed it all from audience perspective to performer perspective.

I added an amp sim on the guitar, just for some extra beef, and I added a crap ton of sub in the keys (if you didn't notice). I know it's hot. . . but I like how it kind of hugs the whole mix.

The Vox are definitely up front, and maybe some automation in one or two spots could be beneficial. . . but I like it being so bold and prominent.

Anyhoo, here it is!

Draper

.mp3    like you do bounce.mp3 --  (Download: 11.45 MB)

wow, my background vocal jumps out before the second verse, eh?
Listening with headphones, I do like the environment you have created. I think the arrangement works quite well also. Yes, that BG Vox does pop a bit too much. For me Draper, I wondering if the main vocal would benefit coming forward and perhaps being a little brighter and having a touch of air just to give it some contrast in the mix. Obviously you would need to keep it within your ambient sound though.

An enjoyable listen regardless. Great work.