Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pretty Saro: 'Carolina In The Pines'
Here Is Version 1

Cheers Big Grin

.mp3    Carolina in the Pines V1.mp3 --  (Download: 7.61 MB)

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

I would love to know how you got the lead vocal in the middle and the backgrounds in the left when they are not presented that way in the recorded tracks.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
(24-08-2019, 05:41 PM)Mixinthecloud Wrote: I would love to know how you got the lead vocal in the middle and the backgrounds in the left when they are not presented that way in the recorded tracks.

Hi MITC
Thanks for the listen ,Having a little fun experimenting with the multi tracks , I made a mono mix of the left Channel of the Blumlein-AR51 mic with the lead vocal only and tamed the transients and resonant frequencies of the mandolin using oek sounds Soothe and Spiff and mixed the track into the centre channel.
In Version 2 , I might try a similar technique with the Right Channel and panned the backing vocals to the right to try to spread them out left and right .

Cheers Big Grin

(25-08-2019, 12:12 AM)thedon Wrote:
(24-08-2019, 05:41 PM)Mixinthecloud Wrote: I would love to know how you got the lead vocal in the middle and the backgrounds in the left when they are not presented that way in the recorded tracks.

Hi MITC
Thanks for the listen ,Having a little fun experimenting with the multi tracks , I made a mono mix of the left Channel of the Blumlein-AR51 mic with the lead vocal only and tamed the transients and resonant frequencies of the mandolin using oek sounds Soothe and Spiff and mixed the track into the centre channel.
In Version 2 , I might try a similar technique with the Right Channel and panned the backing vocals to the right to try to spread them out left and right .

Cheers Big Grin

Aha. Very interesting...
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
I had a comment on my mix that it was lacking in the center - and correctly so.
Since I was running out of instruments to put there, I thought the main vocals in center would be the way to go.
Now I did listen to your mix and it confirmed my idea.
The Problem was, at that time, you had not "revealed" how you did it.
Now that I read how you did it, I can say similar direction - but still different.
However I was not to trying to copy you! .. if you think I did, take it as a compliment.
If you care to listen to what I did and give me your thoughts - I would appreciate.
Bear i mind I am mixing on headphones (not by choice but circumstances) and I am still trying to get used to it. ( so my panning or other might not be like it should be) But as long I am on the right track and make progress I am OK.

Thank you

(25-08-2019, 08:02 AM)duet4one Wrote: I had a comment on my mix that it was lacking in the center - and correctly so.
Since I was running out of instruments to put there, I thought the main vocals in center would be the way to go.
Now I did listen to your mix and it confirmed my idea.
The Problem was, at that time, you had not "revealed" how you did it.
Now that I read how you did it, I can say similar direction - but still different.
However I was not to trying to copy you! .. if you think I did, take it as a compliment.
If you care to listen to what I did and give me your thoughts - I would appreciate.
Bear i mind I am mixing on headphones (not by choice but circumstances) and I am still trying to get used to it. ( so my panning or other might not be like it should be) But as long I am on the right track and make progress I am OK.

Thank you
Thank you for having a listen ,sharing Ideas inspiring each other with feedback and mixes is what I love about this forum ,There is nothing wrong mixing on headphones I also mix on headphones with a cool free crosstalk pluginn and do check on monitors ,grot box ,car etc , I will have a listen to your mix !

Cheers Big Grin