Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hope and the Sea
(23-08-2019, 04:41 PM)Quathamer Wrote:
(23-08-2019, 03:54 PM)Mixinthecloud Wrote: BTW, I have over 20 years in the audio business and have as much right as you to express my opinions based on that experience, whether you agree or not.

My point was, mister 20 years in the audio business, was not to mix as if your just mixing, but to mix as if you're mixing music. I wasn't saying that it isn't music till you mix it. However, I will say that until an engineer does their thing, it will probably sound like garbage especially if it's an amateur recording - hence my argument. The goal, as I have been trying to say, is turning a recording into music, not into something that just sounds good or "enhanced".

And for someone 20 years in the audio business, you've got a pretty poor attitude. You come into our conversation and just start saying "this is wrong, there's something wrong with the mixer, blah blah" so disrespectful. We don't need people like you muddying up the water with your condescending attitude and your piss poor advice. My dude was asking how I did something - because he liked it - and I told him and you immediately started shouting about how wrong it is.

It doesn't matter if your Quincy Jones and have 40 years experience, that's just disrespectful.

I respectfully disagree. What makes your mix music and no one else's? What makes you the arbiter of what is or is not music? And maybe I missed something? I did not see where Stevens304 asked for how you did things. You seemed to just offer it up. So maybe I missed something in the thread. To tell you the truth if I had seen where he had specifically asked your advice I would not have chimed in. When I discuss or explain what I have done in approaches and my techniques in my mixes I do it in my own threads, not someone else's.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
Ok, you're missing my point, but that's fine.

Ok, I understand now why you decided to comment on my approach. Stevens asked about my horns and my guitars on my post and I responded on this thread. Maybe I could have responded on my post but I didn't think of it.
~
Other Mixes