Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average
SZLACHETKA - Heart Strings of My Home Town - Updated
Very well balanced low and high as well as mixing. Interesting first part leaving only the reverb of voice, very creative. Nice!
(26-09-2019, 05:41 PM)Marius.Mezei Wrote: Very well balanced low and high as well as mixing. Interesting first part leaving only the reverb of voice, very creative. Nice!

Thanks. I try to find that little something, hopefully in context with the song, which will set it apart.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
(26-09-2019, 07:23 PM)Mixinthecloud Wrote:
(26-09-2019, 05:41 PM)Marius.Mezei Wrote: Very well balanced low and high as well as mixing. Interesting first part leaving only the reverb of voice, very creative. Nice!

Thanks. I try to find that little something, hopefully in context with the song, which will set it apart.

I think the reverb intro works. It seems to imply the dreams of the narrator. I went the opposite way in my last mix (poorly) and started small and intimate but still tried to help support the lyrics and story of the song. Ultimately I think this 'framing' on a song is an important but often ignored consideration of mixing. Maybe the most important?
(26-09-2019, 07:46 PM)RoyMatthews Wrote:
(26-09-2019, 07:23 PM)Mixinthecloud Wrote:

I think the reverb intro works. It seems to imply the dreams of the narrator. I went the opposite way in my last mix (poorly) and started small and intimate but still tried to help support the lyrics and story of the song. Ultimately I think this 'framing' on a song is an important but often ignored consideration of mixing. Maybe the most important?

Context is important. I tried to envision the singer taking us through a visual representation of his memories.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]