Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average
My mix (2019)
Hi!

This is the mix I made of this track. Except for the reverb, It's been made using Cubase's channel strip only.

Please, I am really looking forward to read your comments, so, go ahead!

Salute!

.mp3    Hungarian Dance 5_MP3.mp3 --  (Download: 6.66 MB)

That sounds great! I assume the reverberation was a plugin as opposed to something external to cubase altogether?

I light hand is necessary and appreciated on this one. I like the balance between the two instruments, and it sounds like they're right in the center which is fine.
(26-08-2019, 04:42 PM)lmat Wrote: That sounds great! I assume the reverberation was a plugin as opposed to something external to cubase altogether?

I light hand is necessary and appreciated on this one. I like the balance between the two instruments, and it sounds like they're right in the center which is fine.

Hi Imat.

Thanks for taking the time to listen to my mix. I liked a lot the one you had made and I kind of referenced it for balance and tonal signature.

I added three different reverbs with two cubase plugins: REVelation and REVerence. With the first, a regular algorithmic reverb, I added ER to place both instruments in the space I thought it could suit them (It was pretty free because there wasn't too much roomyness in the tracks); with the second I added a plate, to give some body to the reverb, and a Hall, that I only aplied to the sax.

I feel that I've being spending too much time searching for third companies plugins and I wanted to do a few mixes limiting myself to stock plugins and the channel strip in cubase. By the way, all the tools in Cubase's channel Strip are availabe as insert plugins in cubase, they just have other interfaces (I just discovered that...), so they are pretty much the same thing.

I'll keep limiting my self to that, cause it's teaching me a lot!