Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.8 Average
Kat Wright Contact final mix UPDATED
I thought i would give this one a go,i wonder if anyone might accuse me of using using there stemsRolleyes

.mp3    Kat Wiight Contact mix1.mp3 --  (Download: 12.44 MB)

.mp3    Kat Wiight Contact Final Mix UPDATED.mp3 --  (Download: 12.42 MB)

.mp3    Kat Wiight Contact mix2.mp3 --  (Download: 12.38 MB)

.mp3    Kat Wiight Contact Final Mix.mp3 --  (Download: 12.35 MB)

Reaper user
Sounds really good. I think the horns and guitar feel a little 'shy'. The horn level feels ok but might be a little dry. Maybe slightly less bone? I like the guitar effects but I think the guitar over all could come up. The vocal could come back just a little. It's ok at first but seems to gently rise as the song goes on. Also, the vocal seems to have occasional peaks but maybe I'm just sensitive because I just woke up.

I think that's all
Good job
Not bad. A little lacking in sparkle in the top end which I think is a natural consequence when trying to control bleed in these tracks. I think you can improve on this though. The horns are good although that 'bone is too quiet for me...(LOL). I imagine Roy was referring either to the bari or the tenor. Not sure which. You have done what I think many mixers have and that is to present the horn section nicely balanced and in context through the opening of the song but miss the queue to bring them forward in the HORN break. When you miss that you also miss how the song builds from that point forward, the horns being an integral part of that. Adding the chorus or tremello to the already effected guitar is a bold step which as Roy states may be a little timid. I'd like to hear more of it too. One thing you did well with is the organ. It is very well placed in your mix and adds quite a lot to the tenor of the song. Overall, this is not bad but I feel you may not be finished with it yet.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
(10-08-2019, 03:03 PM)Mixinthecloud Wrote: The horns are good although that 'bone is too quiet for me...(LOL). I imagine Roy was referring either to the bari or the tenor.
Ha. I meant the Bari. I got confused with the 'B'. To be fair, they're in the same basic fundamental note range.

Nice overall. I agree that the horns are too dry. The snare seems to be lacking in the low-end, are you sure it's in phase?
Thanks for all comments so i did some adjustments base on that with mix2.
Reaper user
OK. I did say I wanted to hear more of that cool guitar part, but I think it's now far too dominant. I think you could bring the vocal up as well against the better ensemble.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
Yes i agree i think i was a little too hasty,final mix will be done tomorrow,thanks for the quick response.
Reaper user
I really did over do the gtr on mix2, final mix uploaded.
Reaper user
Yes. Great stuff. Really draws you in. You found some interesting content in the horns in places too. I still think the horn break could come up. The horns sound really good and I really want them taking me away during the break. Hold the guitar to build through the ending with the horns.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]