Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Apprehended - Still Flyin (Mix by Cherry)
First time uploading a mix here. Been enjoying seeing some of the stems. Hopefully I didn't do too terrible of a job.

Left an instrumental as well since I noticed a few people doing that. Though I don't really see too much of a point since you should mix with the vocals in mind and not just drop vocals on top.

.mp3    The Apprehended - Still Flyin (Instrumental).mp3 --  (Download: 10.8 MB)

.mp3    The Apprehended - Still Flyin.mp3 --  (Download: 10.8 MB)

'Suh Dude
Hi.

Mix needing a lot more bottom punch. as well as more aggressive drums but hey you did pretty good.. it is a really hard song to mix!
Toms sound too much like card board.. I'd suggest you use drum samples to replace originals (that's if you have not done that already)

as for the instrumentals.. when I leave one is mainly because vocals is very distracting and the rest of the mix is not appreciated as much. (less details to hear)
It's mainly to compare only not necessarily because we should leave an instrumental Lol.

here is the original mix if you want to compare with your mix.. I went to a corner to cry in secret after I realized my mix was crap in comparison haha
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZ5EoQHbVTM
(10-08-2019, 01:39 AM)Shul Wrote: Hi.

Mix needing a lot more bottom punch. as well as more aggressive drums but hey you did pretty good.. it is a really hard song to mix!
Toms sound too much like card board.. I'd suggest you use drum samples to replace originals (that's if you have not done that already)

as for the instrumentals.. when I leave one is mainly because vocals is very distracting and the rest of the mix is not appreciated as much. (less details to hear)
It's mainly to compare only not necessarily because we should leave an instrumental Lol.

here is the original mix if you want to compare with your mix.. I went to a corner to cry in secret after I realized my mix was crap in comparison haha
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZ5EoQHbVTM

Thanks for the feedback. I feel I spent too much time trying to tame those vocals. They weren't super well organized out the box making them hard to mix. Which you can also tell by the original mix severely lacking in vocals.

As for the toms sounding like cardboard. Yeah. I should've probably sample replaced them. But I'm trying to use sample replacement sparingly to keep the original drummer sound. Though that can be hard to do when you don't have control over the drum recording from the beginning.

I do feel I cut way too much low end. After listening to the mix on headphones. Might need to get my room sounding better with my monitors. Currently it's just in my living room with nothing so the sound quality isn't as good as it could be.
'Suh Dude