Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
West End Blend: 'Kane Guru' (critiques plz)
Hey people,

this one was quite interesting, as it is a cool tune but kind of drags towards the end. I did some ! slight ! automation to generate a bit more interest... hopefully

Anyway, let me know what you think about this.

Cheers,
LukasAngel

.mp3    WestEndBlend_KaneGuru_v2.mp3 --  (Download: 13.98 MB)

I have to know how you did the decay on the keyboard at the pause. Very cool.
You kept the interest going nicely in this approach. Not a huge fan of the bright fast slap on the vocals. It kind of interferes with the harmonies. Drums sound very cool, like they are sample replacements. As a matter of fact I wonder about the drums. They are so steady they lack a human feel which I think is detrimental to the arrangement. Anyway, this is nicely done.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
(08-08-2019, 02:12 AM)Mixinthecloud Wrote: I have to know how you did the decay on the keyboard at the pause. Very cool.
Sent the keyboard to a HUGE(like 10 - 15 seconds of decay) plate verb, added a tremolo effect and automated the speed. That channel was faded in during the build-up and cut off when the drums re-enter.
(08-08-2019, 02:12 AM)Mixinthecloud Wrote: Not a huge fan of the bright fast slap on the vocals. It kind of interferes with the harmonies.
I agree. Its too loud and distracting.

(08-08-2019, 02:12 AM)Mixinthecloud Wrote: Drums sound very cool, like they are sample replacements. As a matter of fact I wonder about the drums. They are so steady they lack a human feel which I think is detrimental to the arrangement.
They are no samples whatsoever. By "steady" to you mean lack of dynamics? If yes, I would agree but the compression got me the sound I wanted so I ran with that. Not sure I would change that.

I feel the arrangment of the whole song could be improved but thats besides the point...

(08-08-2019, 02:12 AM)Mixinthecloud Wrote: Anyway, this is nicely done.
Thanks!

Cheers,
LukasAngel