Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Schoolboy Fascination SpedeMix
Sounds very good to me!
Only one tiny thing and it's totally a matter of taste: I feel that there could be a little bit more gladness, freshness and innocence in the vocal sound. Could be the compression or dryness of vocals that diminishes that aspect?
Very controlled mix and a lot of controlled distortion, it sounds great on small speakers too.
Being who I am and as old as I am its a strange situation to praise somthni we used to disregard, talkin bout distortion.
Listnin again I think I would get tired from listnin to too many mixes with that much distortion, but it impresses on first listen.
Like Olli talks about the vocal and evrythin else for that matter, is very controlled compressed - and thats a pop thing especially these days and my personal taste bein as it is likin more room and transients may not be very interestin, but I think a little less vocal comp and selected plings of interest, be that schoolbell, pizzicato strings or toms(sound great by the way - good work !) givin the mix a little more life and perhaps also gladness, would, in my opinion, make a mix better suited for listnin at high volume over and over.

But no doubt you know your shit and made conscious choices, maybe too conscious Big Grin
Some mixes I admire and love have this one thing stickin out or bein louder than what youd expect, and it works great. Some Beatles songs with a guitar way up, Dave Gruisin or however its spelled, with a cowbell very upfront.

But thats just me, you made a great mix and the lowend is really good too. Congrats !
Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order
Nice solid mix