Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Contact My MIX
Hi guys! This was very fun to mix with challenging vocals. I hope you like it! Cheers!!

.mp3    Contact.mp3 --  (Download: 12.37 MB)

This has a great full ensemble sound going. Things fit very nicely into the world you created and it works for the context of the song. A very good listen. One issue may be some over zealous compression.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
Really good vibe you got... just too wet for my taste.. sounds like too much reverb on the masterbus.. I'd go a lil easier on it.
(29-07-2019, 02:02 AM)Mixinthecloud Wrote: This has a great full ensemble sound going. Things fit very nicely into the world you created and it works for the context of the song. A very good listen. One issue may be some over zealous compression.

Hi mate! Thanks for your kind words! I am very glad that you liked my version! I usually overcompressing things and is something that I should check.. In this song I had a real problem with the vocals to make them sit well in the mix because the bleed from drums was very loud and the singer had so big dynamic range that I had to push it really hard in the compressor.
(29-07-2019, 06:43 AM)Shul Wrote: Really good vibe you got... just too wet for my taste.. sounds like too much reverb on the masterbus.. I'd go a lil easier on it.

I am happy that you liked it!! Smile
I treated to it as a live concert because the recording had too much bleed in all mics so I thought that this approach would fit more to the song.
(29-07-2019, 03:26 PM)Andreas Tyranopoulos Wrote:
(29-07-2019, 02:02 AM)Mixinthecloud Wrote: This has a great full ensemble sound going. Things fit very nicely into the world you created and it works for the context of the song. A very good listen. One issue may be some over zealous compression.

Hi mate! Thanks for your kind words! I am very glad that you liked my version! I usually overcompressing things and is something that I should check.. In this song I had a real problem with the vocals to make them sit well in the mix because the bleed from drums was very loud and the singer had so big dynamic range that I had to push it really hard in the compressor.

Everyone's 'solution' to their mix seems to be as a result of how they treated the vocals and the bleed into her mic. You've created a very good 'solution'!
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]