Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Heart of my Hometown
Had to remove my first take, it was so bad! I'm continuing to few more tries before I throw in the towel. I ran this thru a few pieces of outboard gear for the analog flavor, hope it's a byte better?

.mp3    Heart of my Hometown-V2.mp3 --  (Download: 9.12 MB)

Tone is in the ear of the beholder....
Not bad. Bass compression raises its tone to a point where it really masks the organ. As a result the right side of your mix is really dark and the left side only lives because of the guitar in it. The move of the guitar solo to the center is a bit abrupt. Tough to imagine what you did to the kick to give it the sound you presented. The flange on the voice is a fun touch. Your mix is not as bad as I make it out to be.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
(13-08-2019, 03:05 PM)Mixinthecloud Wrote: Not bad. Bass compression raises its tone to a point where it really masks the organ. As a result the right side of your mix is really dark and the left side only lives because of the guitar in it. The move of the guitar solo to the center is a bit abrupt. Tough to imagine what you did to the kick to give it the sound you presented. The flange on the voice is a fun touch. Your mix is not as bad as I make it out to be.

Ahh the kick has Brainworx BX Boom (maxed out) & waves smack attack,
with CLA vocals on Vox. Makes it quirkyCool

It's my first try running out to outboard-hybrid, guess a few tweaks are in order, seems a bit distorted over all as well, it's a Behringer DDX3216 (sadly) ya know the converters really suck in it, so that's my excuse and I'm stick'n to it. So I'll stay in the box till I figure that all out... I'll have another go as time permits, thanks for your input!
Tone is in the ear of the beholder....