Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Here's my take
Hello everyone, first I would like to say what an excellent resource this website is. I normally mix lofi/oldschool hip hop and trap/pop music so this was a learning experience for sure as I have never really taken a serious stab at mixing this kind of music. I have written plenty of metal and rock songs in the past but they were just demo mixes.

I feel the organ might be a little too in your face but I really thought it was worth bringing to the front. I may tone it down but at this point I just wanted to get something done and my roomate was getting sick of hearing this track. I may tone down the crescendo at the end with the guitars and organ but I really liked the energy it brought. I think the guitar solo could be brought down a very very small amount, maybe a DB or two. I did not want to do an imitation of the original mix but I did like certain elements so I brought those in. I also wanted to test out reaper so this was my first introduction to that program. Up until now I've been doing all my mixes in FL studio. I also have a problem with the random Organ stab, I could probably get rid of that but I'm not certain if that was intentional so I would ask the artist personally what they wanted to do with that. Anyways, I'm open to notes.

.mp3    Get Out Of Bed 3.mp3 --  (Download: 6.93 MB)