Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Sugar Faith (BCS Mix)
This band always delivers the most challenging tracks on this site, I swear, lol. Big fan of the song, though. Really hope I do it some justice.

.m4a    Sugar Faith (BCS Mix 3.5).m4a --  (Download: 17.46 MB)

Tones all sound good to me, and the snare is really nice and cracking! I'd just readjust the balance of some things. Vocals, guitar and bass all sound solid, but the snare could come down a decent amount and the kick up just a bit. The stuff happening at the end of the song was a really nice touch
Thanks! I definitely agree on bringing the snare down. I mixed this a while back, and after spending so much time, the subtle details just started to go unnoticed. It's REALLY helpful to have your fresh ears to help me out on that!
The drums are kinda hard to work with in this song. The recording was fine, but I think the drum 'specs' themselves don't really fit the genre, and can't cut through the mix much without samples, which I don't use unless provided in the files. The drums are even queiter in their official mix released on Youtube. Really fun song to listen and mix, though.
Sounds good! Here’s some stuff I noticed:
  • Snare is loud
  • Kick sounds a bit boomy in the low mids
  • Guitars aren’t really present enough in the loud parts
  • The mix in general could use some more air and a bit less 1-2k. I feel it gets a bit honky at times
Good luck!
Sounds Good! just try to have some room sound in the drums it makes the drums bigger and dont need so much volume on the snare...because otherwise it seems the snare is the main element ... and don´t abuse on the repeats on the vocals just a bit here and there makes more interesting ... keep Going Wink and check my mix if you can... cheers