Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seat back
Seat Back

Deleted one of the backing vocals - not a great recording.

on guitars used Eventide H3000 + Dual Harmonizer. Tverb on Piano

.mp3    Seat Back.mp3 --  (Download: 10.2 MB)

Hello mate,

Sounding good, guitars sound clean! Nice. I do have a few comments for you.

I've hearing plosives from the vocals, which is obviously a problem with the recording but still something you could control if you wanted to. And I can also hear when the vocals cut in and out - which again is only necessary because of the live recording but still important to nail.

As far as the second BV recording goes that you deleted, I did something a little sneaky - I took the recordings from that vocal during the quiet parts and deleted the rest, then because the bvs always sing the same thing repeated, I replaced the rubbish parts of the recording with the parts recorded in the quiet, that way the second vocal can still be in the mix without it ruining the mix. Just an idea, but what you did with the BV still sounds good so its really up to you whether or not the second BV is needed.

Otherwise a nice clean mix! I like it!
~
Other Mixes
Thanks for your comments.

The last thing I did was edit the beginning plosives a little but lost the will to live.
There is also a couple of clicks that need taking out even after taking out a handful of them.

After two not so good mixes on the same day decided to just upload and move on and come back to it if I still like the song enough to change it.

One of the better Telefunken songs - wish they would do something to prevent the uneditable drums over the vocal parts - fixing that is beyond me at the moment.

Totally agree, great song. I wish they would put the vocal in a flipping booth to be honest. At least the lead vocal. But I mean it's still a good recording regardless.
~
Other Mixes
I really like how you have the keys and guitar 2. They reinforce each other and create something heavier. The guitars are a little peaky to me. I agree with leaving out the backing vocals. They only hindered the song. I agree about the plosives and the lead vocal. I just rolled off a bunch of low end and used a MBC but I don't think that helped.