Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Great Enough: Die Young
Drums, Bass, Guitar,vocal and the "MEGA TRACK" with everything else Big Grin

Mix "a" added 7/20/2019 6:00pm

Got inspired to remix this after hearing their: "Sad Boy, Soldier On" track over at Telefunken.

Mix "b" added 10/26/2021 12:15amĀ  Cool

.mp3    TheGreatEnough_DieYoung_Rough1.mp3 --  (Download: 5.57 MB)

.mp3    TheGreatEnough_DieYoung_Mix_a.mp3 --  (Download: 5.57 MB)

.mp3    TheGreatEnough_DieYoung_Mix_b.mp3 --  (Download: 5.57 MB)

Good balance overall.. is just the voice is quite overwhelming at points. Vocals are super hard to control so it's definitely a challenge.
The bleed from the floor tom on the left side when tom is not playing is quite distracting. I'd clean it up to where it's only playing when there recording has floor tom in it. If not I'd get rid of the sections with no floortoms.
(19-07-2019, 07:47 AM)Shul Wrote: Good balance overall.. is just the voice is quite overwhelming at points. Vocals are super hard to control so it's definitely a challenge.
The bleed from the floor tom on the left side when tom is not playing is quite distracting. I'd clean it up to where it's only playing when there recording has floor tom in it. If not I'd get rid of the sections with no floortoms.
Hi Shul,
Thanks for giving this a listen.
I think I did manage to tweak one level and mute the effects on that same instrument track but the vocal and everything else was definitely set it and forget it on this round.
As far as the floor tom...I soloed it and played the whole tune down and heard only one false trigger on the gate at 2:29 which occurred on a pretty big overall drum hit and probably wouldn't be that offensive. I have raised the threshold on that to keep it quiet during that one false trigger (though haven't printed another mix yet).
Thanks again for your comments.
- NT -