Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FytaKyte: 'Life Gets In The Way'
My Mix .. late night headphone mix, so I have no clue..lolHuh

Comments welcome

Version-04.mpg

Started from scratch on the monitors. The headphone mix sounded really out of whack. Monitor mix should be a bit better

Comments please

.mp3    FytaKite-Life gets in the way-04.mp3 --  (Download: 4.74 MB)

.mp3    FytaKYTE-Life gets in the way.mp3 --  (Download: 4.75 MB)

Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.
Overall it feels pretty good. My only thought as I listen is everything feels upfront and in your face. Tonally it's fine from low to high. The crashes might me loud. I think it could have some depth. I feel like I'm sitting to close to the movie screen. I like what I see (hear) but it's all right there, if that makes sense.
(16-07-2019, 12:56 AM)RoyMatthews Wrote: Overall it feels pretty good. My only thought as I listen is everything feels upfront and in your face. Tonally it's fine from low to high. The crashes might me loud. I think it could have some depth. I feel like I'm sitting to close to the movie screen. I like what I see (hear) but it's all right there, if that makes sense.

Hi Roy
Thanks, I understand, it sounds like its flattened out, I think maybe I over compressed the master bus and lost the depth. Ill play around with it and tame the cymbals too.
Thanks that helps
Cheers
KSmile
Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.
Sounds great in my headphones K, although I go agree with Roys comments. It can be hard to judge depth through the cans. I love the guitar tones and drum sound balance is good also. It might be good to run this one through your monitors and make some adjustments. Some gentle reverbs might help. A transient controller may help with the cymbals also, worth a try I reckon.
I like the KMuzic vision. Well done Kirk.
(17-07-2019, 11:54 AM)Dangerous Wrote: Sounds great in my headphones K, although I go agree with Roys comments. It can be hard to judge depth through the cans. I love the guitar tones and drum sound balance is good also. It might be good to run this one through your monitors and make some adjustments. Some gentle reverbs might help. A transient controller may help with the cymbals also, worth a try I reckon.
I like the KMuzic vision. Well done Kirk.

Hi Dave
Thanks for having a listen, I've got some time later today and ill run this through the monitors, tweak it and see what kind of a difference I get.
Thanks again
KSmile
New Version 04.mp3 is up (Top Track)

Took all the suggestions from Dave and Roy. Remixed everything on the monitors, got the cymbals more under control, tried to achieve better balance and depth.

Comments please

Thanks
Lovin' the sound K. Feels like I'm sitting a few rows back this time round. Snares getting lost in the heavier parts though. Some extra attack to help it poke through perhaps.
(18-07-2019, 01:10 PM)Dangerous Wrote: Lovin' the sound K. Feels like I'm sitting a few rows back this time round. Snares getting lost in the heavier parts though. Some extra attack to help it poke through perhaps.

Thanks Dave
I was hoping to get you at least 5 rows back but ill take 2 .. lolTongue
Ill try grouping the snare and volume or eq automate it in the heavier parts and see how that goes.

Hi Kirk, I listened to the latest mix. Nice.

I think the kick may be a little overly prominent. The vocals are getting a little bit swallowed in the verses, but work better in the choruses. I think the guitars may be a bit underdone volume wise.

Overall, pretty solid!
All 10 FytaKyte Multi-Tracks available for you to mix with purchase of Album here: https://fytakyte.bandcamp.com/releases
(19-07-2019, 10:47 AM)FytaKyte Wrote: Hi Kirk, I listened to the latest mix. Nice.

I think the kick may be a little overly prominent. The vocals are getting a little bit swallowed in the verses, but work better in the choruses. I think the guitars may be a bit underdone volume wise.

Overall, pretty solid!

Thanks Andrew, Ill correct that in the next version