Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Could you pls comment for "naturally" mix&mastering: Uni-Q
hi there. this is my mix for naturally. could you please comment about good or bad section. thanks..

.mp3    naturally mix Uni-Q.mp3 --  (Download: 10.64 MB)

Very deep environment and pretty cool. Also liking the vocoder. Nicely used. Maybe a bit too compressed but acceptable. Great listen.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
(16-07-2019, 06:38 AM)Mixinthecloud Wrote: Very deep environment and pretty cool. Also liking the vocoder. Nicely used. Maybe a bit too compressed but acceptable. Great listen.

thanks for your comment. yes i agree and also i think it has too reverb. but i had not much time for mixing, therefore i couldnt examine more. i have been working on the mixing and mastering jobs about 10 years. if i have concentrated more i would have made it better.
i'll try myself sometimes by that projects in this site. i hope we'll can be a great sound engineer someday Smile
Auto-tune/vocoder sound is the last thing I expected to hear on Allen Stone's voice lol! It's causing some notes to stand out from being out of tune. Like around 1:08
yes, notes breaking somewhere. but i wrote this is auto-tune, i mean not manually fixed tune only AUTO. this is just trial mix and mastering. listen vocal quality that the most important thing for me.
I like the sub you made! However, the cymbals are too harsh for me.
Try working on high in control maybe using a MB Compressor or a dynamic eq. There's also a lot in the reverb so try controlling the tails in the settings or using a gate with a release time that fits.
I personally don't think it's a good idea to use vocoder on this soul/rnb song. Don't think it aligns with the artist's identity and what he is looking to express with the song. A couple of other things
- reverb sounds excessive
- 3:24: there is a "haa..." in the background you didn't mask/remove
- vocal in the last chorus is totally overwhelmed by other tracks