Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mix - Ripe
Good night my friends.

I'd like to hear your opinion on the mix.

best regards

.mp3    Ripe_END.mp3 --  (Download: 10.02 MB)

Two things that stand out to me.
voice midrange is very full. I'd scoop the voice more to clean it up.
Drums feel very dry and lifeless.. sounds like you are only using the kick and snare only. I'd recommend you bring up the overheads more up front.

Mix can definitely benefit from highpass filters everywhere that sub low end is not needed. I usually put a highpass on pretty much everything. even bass. 20 and 30hz aren't a necessity so I usually highpass a lot of things.

Hope this helps.
keep it up!
The backbone of the drums is very crisp, which is good but the rest of the ensemble seems a bit squashed. You've placed the bass pretty deep in the environment while the drums are not. This mismatch is a bit awkward. The vocal is also lacking any dynamics which is manifesting itself as seeming to be masked in what Shul states is too much mid-range. I think if you lightened the compression on it you may be able to solve both issues. I think you may be a few tweaks away from a really good mix.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
Hi Txory

I agree with MITC and Shul, Open it up and let it breath some more and I think that will solve a lot.
Good Job

Cheers
K
Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.
Thank you my friends for your feedback.
I leave my second mix.
I wonder if you're feeling better.

Best regards,

.mp3    Ripe_second_chance.mp3 --  (Download: 9.95 MB)

(15-07-2019, 05:12 AM)Shul Wrote: Two things that stand out to me.
voice midrange is very full. I'd scoop the voice more to clean it up.
Drums feel very dry and lifeless.. sounds like you are only using the kick and snare only. I'd recommend you bring up the overheads more up front.

Mix can definitely benefit from highpass filters everywhere that sub low end is not needed. I usually put a highpass on pretty much everything. even bass. 20 and 30hz aren't a necessity so I usually highpass a lot of things.

Hope this helps.
keep it up!
Thanks for the feedback.

I already improved a mix, I would like to know your opinion about the new mix

best regards
(15-07-2019, 02:10 PM)Mixinthecloud Wrote: The backbone of the drums is very crisp, which is good but the rest of the ensemble seems a bit squashed. You've placed the bass pretty deep in the environment while the drums are not. This mismatch is a bit awkward. The vocal is also lacking any dynamics which is manifesting itself as seeming to be masked in what Shul states is too much mid-range. I think if you lightened the compression on it you may be able to solve both issues. I think you may be a few tweaks away from a really good mix.

Thanks for the feedback.

best regards
(15-07-2019, 02:19 PM)KMuzic Wrote: Hi Txory

I agree with MITC and Shul, Open it up and let it breath some more and I think that will solve a lot.
Good Job

Cheers
K

Thanks for the feedback.

best regards

I'm just not getting the vocal treatment. It's like the vocals are on Mars and the ensemble on the moon. While they are both off the planet they are miles apart. I think your ensemble is spot on but the vocals remain a mystery to me. Muffled and flat.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
Highpass vocals up to 115 hz.
Eq cut with a medium q at 400hz maybe -4db
Shelf boost Eq from 6khz and above to about +3db

After that put a compressor on it.
Ratio 3.1
It should be compressing about -3db
Boost the gain to compensate so it should he +3db

Balance the vocal with the rest of the track.
That should clean up your voice and make it tighter
With the Eq changes.