Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Allen Stone: 'Naturally'_mix Tommy M.
AngelAngelAngel

I know a lot of you like that big heavy low end sound, but I just don't think this R&B sounding song should be mixed like Hip-Hop. But, that's just my opinion. So, to make a long story short, I went for a well balanced mix with moderate low end, fullness but not too much, and a real focus on the vocals. I notice a number of mixes here where I I hear the vocal is getting lost in the mix. The vocals, being so very important in this song, are very up front, but with plenty of effects, although not too noticeable except in a pleasant way, and the mix is glued nicely but not squished to death. There is plenty of movement and dynamics if you ask me. I hope you like it.

Peace,

Tom

.mp3    Naturally_5M.mp3 --  (Download: 10.44 MB)

tommymarcinek.com - Tommy Marcinek
Vocal is definitely upfront! When the song started It made me look at my Auratone, I thought the sound was coming out of there because it was so mid focused. I'd work on relaxing that forwardness and let the song become a nice big warm hug. If that makes sense.
i agree that vocal is upfrond also too loud. you should cut low frequencies below about 100-170 khz . it sounds recorded at home with laptop speakers :/ haven't you hear this loudness? it needs some brightness and a little reverb in my opinion..