Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First Mix Kane Guru
Hi All,

First time I've mixed this genre, again, struggling with vocals, but don't think it sounds too bad.

Feedback welcome Smile

Thanks

Dan

Sorry Guys, I realise now that these were recorded at 48khx not 44.1 as i assumed... updated now Smile thanks for the heads up

.mp3    West End Blend_Kane Guru.mp3 --  (Download: 14.05 MB)

.mp3    West End Blend_Kane Guru_2.mp3 --  (Download: 13.86 MB)

Hey Dan,

I dont know what happend here but this version is a lot slower and lower in pitch than all of the others.

Hope you will upload a version with the correct tempo and key soon!

Cheers,
LukasAngel
(03-08-2019, 08:52 AM)LukasL Wrote: Hey Dan,

I dont know what happend here but this version is a lot slower and lower in pitch than all of the others.

Hope you will upload a version with the correct tempo and key soon!

Cheers,
LukasAngel

Thanks Lukas!!! Rookie mistake!
Hey Dan,

I like what you did we the vocals. You managed to control them dynamically without it sounding overdone. Also like your panning decisions.
However the volume balance seems to be off for certain instruments, most noteably the hi-hat. It is waaaay louder than the ride cymbal or even the snare.
The organ is also too loud for me, especially in the last section.
The Horns however disappear into the mix and have no presence. Overall the mix seems a bit forward and two dimensional.

Apart from those things, I think your mix is decent. I like the individual sounds of the instrument, they just could blend a little better.

Cheers,
LukasAngel
Hi Lukas,

Thanks for the comments, didn't even think to blend the drums into their own parts. Rookie mistake Big Grin

I've tweaked this mix, hope this one sounds a little more full and more balanced.

Thanks

Dan