Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FUNKY FUN! Little Lighter (mix) and extras
Updated mix to try to fix the fight between guitar and voice.. and also reverb to the voice from the beginning so is not dry.
Thanks for the input guys!

.mp3    00LittleLighter.mp3 --  (Download: 9.99 MB)

Listening to your full mix I am little confused as to why you left the intro vocals dry. After that the mix really comes together and sounds great throughout, until the end, which felt a little clumsy considering the very high quality of the over-all mix. Minor points that only stand out because of the excellence of the mix in general.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
(08-07-2019, 03:05 PM)Mixinthecloud Wrote: Listening to your full mix I am little confused as to why you left the intro vocals dry. After that the mix really comes together and sounds great throughout, until the end, which felt a little clumsy considering the very high quality of the over-all mix. Minor points that only stand out because of the excellence of the mix in general.

Honestly I was just hoping for the listener to be like "gosh this is awful dry".. Followed by "oh wait..." And from there enjoy the song. It was a stupid move but i thought about it and well i went for it lol.
Actually I like the change. I had the same idea. It could give the song a bit of a bloom. That said, those vocals at the top are somehow too dry or not dry enough. I think I hear a lot of the room leakage in the mic and it feels a little weird. The than that I like the mix overall.
(08-07-2019, 04:44 PM)RoyMatthews Wrote: Actually I like the change. I had the same idea. It could give the song a bit of a bloom. That said, those vocals at the top are somehow too dry or not dry enough. I think I hear a lot of the room leakage in the mic and it feels a little weird. The than that I like the mix overall.

Which ones... "Saturday night" vocals? Or in the chorous?
The intro vocals before the band come in. The feel dry but in intimate. Sorry. I'm having trouble explaining myself these days.
Gosh the opening vocal line is dry Big Grin

Otherwise, i like everything about this mix except the right guitar which battling the vocal too much for me. Great job!
Fixed some of the issues mentioned. Thanks for the input guys.
Funny, I don't recall anyone commenting about the opening bass line.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
(14-07-2019, 04:57 PM)Mixinthecloud Wrote: Funny, I don't recall anyone commenting about the opening bass line.

Hahahahaha!