Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.6 Average
Sugar - Faith
Huh
Im new here! But yeah, Listen to my mix if you want! Smile

.mp3    Forkupines - Sugar - Faith.mp3 --  (Download: 17.32 MB)

Nice balances, but where is the bass? Everything sounds thin and sparkly with no girth or balls.

The vocal reverb makes it sound completely disconnected from the rest of the band too.
(11-07-2019, 02:57 PM)Judders Wrote: Nice balances, but where is the bass? Everything sounds thin and sparkly with no girth or balls.

The vocal reverb makes it sound completely disconnected from the rest of the band too.

Hmm, what speakers do u use, mate?
Btw, there is no reverb on the vocals.....Confused
(11-07-2019, 03:43 PM)venheim Wrote:
(11-07-2019, 02:57 PM)Judders Wrote: Nice balances, but where is the bass? Everything sounds thin and sparkly with no girth or balls.

There's some kind of spacial something on those vocals, no?

Check out their release of the song (it's on youtube) and compare your bass drum and bass guitar to your mix. You don't have to take my word for it, or trust my speakers.
(11-07-2019, 04:07 PM)Judders Wrote:
(11-07-2019, 03:43 PM)venheim Wrote:

There's some kind of spacial something on those vocals, no?

Check out their release of the song (it's on youtube) and compare your bass drum and bass guitar to your mix. You don't have to take my word for it, or trust my speakers.

A bit of delay, thats it... Almost no Eq, and a little of the La2a.
The reason why i ask, have a look at the average graph of my mix and your mix..

Thumbnail(s)

(11-07-2019, 05:41 PM)venheim Wrote: A bit of delay, thats it... Almost no Eq, and a little of the La2a.
The reason why i ask, have a look at the average graph of my mix and your mix..

The delay sounds more like reverb with predelay... anyway, it sounds kinda distant and a bit washed out.

I really don't think graphs are needed for such obvious stuff, like a graph isn't needed to know that you've got a lot more high end action than mine, or that mine has more low end action.

But, seeing as we've gone this route... I level matched them to -23 LUFS and ran the first few bars of the intro drop in SPAN (when they were played together it sounded pretty good! Big Grin ):

Thumbnail(s)

Lufs dont have anything to do with this. And what you can se clearly from both graps that i have more low end in my mix than you. And more highs from 6k. But you clearly have more low mids and mids.
My point; Your mix sound more muddy, thats why i was asking what you mix on, is it a headset?
(12-07-2019, 07:45 PM)venheim Wrote: Lufs dont have anything to do with this. And what you can se clearly from both graps that i have more low end in my mix than you. And more highs from 6k. But you clearly have more low mids and mids.

Jesus. If you don't see what matching levels has to do with analysing audio, and you can't read those graphs below 100 Hz, then I don't know what else to say to be honest.

Not many things more lame than two amateurs arguing about frequency plots, so I'm out.

Anyway, hope you stick around and thanks for listening and commenting on my mix.
For the low end, i'd say it more of a control and punch issue. Somehow it just doesn't really feel like it's hitting that hard. There is a resonance in the snare that doesn't sound too flattering to me.

Rest of it sounds like a pretty good mix to me.