Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My quick mix attempt
First Mix

What do you think ?

I have some thoughts of improvement but I'd like to hear your opinion if you get the chance to chip in Smile

Thanks !

.mp3    Motor Tpes - Shore - loard15 mix 44k16bit.mp3 --  (Download: 9.11 MB)

Anyone ?
Sounds like a nice well balanced mix. The snare sounds a little 'muffled?' sounding maybe. I'd like to hear the vocals with a little more high end on them to bring them forward a little. Overall nice mix !
(21-10-2013, 06:19 PM)sano Wrote: Sounds like a nice well balanced mix. The snare sounds a little 'muffled?' sounding maybe. I'd like to hear the vocals with a little more high end on them to bring them forward a little. Overall nice mix !

Thanks for the feedback Sano !

I'm happy you found the mix nice and well balanced Smile

About the snare, perhaps it is a tiny muffled, but when I tried brightening it up I found it started loosing it's thickness (thickness that I felt right for this song), also I found the leakage was getting louder as I brightened it up making the drum kit thinner. I think what I could try to do is perhaps sample that snare and use the triggered sample to brighten up the snare a bit without loosing it's thickness.

Vocal wise I could try and see how far I could add high end before the mix start loosing its balance, so far I kind of like the way they sit but yes, some high end might do the trick.

Finally I'm thinking perhaps the whole mix could take a touch of opening up but not by much as again I think it not being so bright and open does fit the mood it creates better Smile

(21-10-2013, 06:19 PM)sano Wrote: Vocal wise I could try and see how far I could add high end before the mix start loosing its balance, so far I kind of like the way they sit but yes, some high end might do the trick.

Finally I'm thinking perhaps the whole mix could take a touch of opening up but not by much as again I think it not being so bright and open does fit the mood it creates better Smile

I agree with you 100%! Big Grin
(22-10-2013, 06:28 PM)mik123 Wrote:
(21-10-2013, 06:19 PM)sano Wrote: Vocal wise I could try and see how far I could add high end before the mix start loosing its balance, so far I kind of like the way they sit but yes, some high end might do the trick.

I agree with you 100%! Big Grin

Wink