Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raspberry Jam [mixing diary #2]
Hi everyone, it'm me again, Mattia.

I've been busy with my exams so I hadn't much time for mixing Sad, but now my exams' session is over, expect more mixes to come.

Let's talk about this mix:
It's a really nice song, quite a vibe. I personally don't like that much the intro (it sounds "out of style" to me), but for the rest everything is cool.
Despite the fact that I'm a guitarist, I think I suck at mixing guitars ahah. In this case it was also a bit of a challenge because this guitar was pretty edgy in contrast with the mellow sound of the rhodes. I tried to "meet them halfway" sweetening the guitar and brightening the keys. I also tried to change a bit what happened in the second part applying delay to the guitar.
Also the bass was difficult to manage because of its inconsistency.

I'm getting better at understanding what's the problem in a track and what i can do to resolve it, but I need to keep me focused on mixing in order to obtain the sound and the image of the song that I have in mind.

Thank you for the time and feedback, I really appreciate it.
Mattia

.mp3    11. Raspberry_Jam [mix FINALE].mp3 --  (Download: 6.03 MB)

I like the echo you punched in on the break for the guitar. Well crafted.
The drums feel a little splashy and not as well defined as the other instruments, however it does have an engaging feel about it.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
thank you very much for the feedback!
I absolutely agree with you on the drums.

Mattia