Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
Little Lighter
A lot of great mix here!!! what a great recording!!! This is mine hope u like and make sure to comment if something wrong with my mix

Thanx

.mp3    RIPE ++ LITTLE _LIGHTER.mp3 --  (Download: 9.94 MB)

Mr. Loud
When the L Vox/rest of the band jump in the overall level goes way up. Maybe bring the bass up a little and lower the entire mix.

As far as the whah guitar and horns...you spread them wide as they are playing about the same notes. Bring them in...maybe L75 and R75 respectivly.

Will listen again.
I personally don't notice a level jump. At least not not a negative one. It just feels naturally dynamic. I'm not a fan of the vocal effects. It seems over done. I'd lean to something more natural. It kind of buries the vocal. The lead vocal could be more prominent. Overall the instrument balances work. I think the trumpet gets obscured by guitar 1.

Overall it's a solid mix. I think the Vocal gets lost which is a notable point but it's the only one I really notice.
Since the vocalist in this band is the star, your use of effects on the vocals is counter-intuitive. If you brought the voice to the front I think your mix without any other changes would be spot on. Great energy otherwise. The hat gets a little too sizzley.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]