Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
West End Blend: 'Kane Guru'_mix Tommy M.
AngelAngelAngel

Love funky tunes! This was a fun and challenging project. I really prefer "studio" isolated tracks but these "live" performances really test your metal, so to speak. I wanted to make this mix punchy and with lots of movement, etc. I did not "sound replace" anything....just used plugins to enhance/modify tracks. Lots of manual editing. Used high quality reverb. Vocals full and thick. Also shortened that break at 4:40...was too long I thought. Hope you all like it.

Tom

-----------------------UPDATE

Took advice and remixed......version 6M pleases me now. Thanks to Mixinthecloud for the advice and suggestion. Tom

.mp3    Kane Guru_5M.mp3 --  (Download: 13.69 MB)

.mp3    Kane Guru_6M.mp3 --  (Download: 13.77 MB)

tommymarcinek.com - Tommy Marcinek
Tommy,
Lots of good energy in your mix. I am missing some clarity on the lyrics which I'm hearing in other mixes. Shortening the pause seems to be a more common edit decision than I would have thought. I liked the panning of the tail through it. Nicely done.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
(02-07-2019, 10:34 PM)Mixinthecloud Wrote: Tommy,
Lots of good energy in your mix. I am missing some clarity on the lyrics which I'm hearing in other mixes. Shortening the pause seems to be a more common edit decision than I would have thought. I liked the panning of the tail through it. Nicely done.

--------------

Hi.....I really took to heart your observation about the vocals. I went back in and remixed it, making some other changes that I thought it needed. Thanks so much for your feedback.....I think version 6M is the ticket.

Tom

tommymarcinek.com - Tommy Marcinek