Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Ripe: 'Little Lighter'
(11-07-2019, 02:33 PM)takka360 Wrote: You can usually hear instantly when someones done a mix in a bad room when you are in a treated one with good monitors.
listening to it..MY advice to people in that situation is get some headphones,even some cheap ones are pretty good like the Sennheiser HD 202 ,they are pennies but will do the job and a pretty good job at that.I started with them when i fist started mixing.I have AKG 701 now i use at night but wouldn't worry me if i had to use the Sennheisers and there wouldn't be much difference in the outcome

I wish I had access to a great sounding control room. I've designed a few but the closest one is 3K miles away. But hey, that's why they make near field monitors, right? And headphones.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
I treated my room for under £300 including bass traps and panels .The difference is massive
(11-07-2019, 03:59 PM)takka360 Wrote: I treated my room for under £300 including bass traps and panels .The difference is massive

This thread is not the proper place for this discussion, Alan.
Apologies to JSU for usurping your post.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
Yeah true sorry about that
I do not know who rated my mix so low that they put a grade of 1/5. But this is not important, since I gave appreciation to many of my familiar sound engineers and they appreciated the mix. But in my opinion, I performed all my creative tasks in the mix and I am pleased with it. There is a balance in the mix, but who doesn’t like it, sorry. to each his own.