Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Ripe: 'Little Lighter'
who liked, put and like!

.mp3    Ripe_Little_Lighter_Master_Full.mp3 --  (Download: 9.93 MB)

The snare is a bit hot for me. Otherwise, really like the mix. Good job.
I'd like to know what monitors you are using when you mixed this.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
(08-07-2019, 03:23 PM)Mixinthecloud Wrote: I'd like to know what monitors you are using when you mixed this.

I use for monitoring:
Genelec 1238 APM
Yamaha NS 10
Microlab Solo 02 MK2
Beyerdynamic DT 990 PRO
Sony N3AP
(10-07-2019, 03:48 PM)JunglestateUnion Wrote:
(08-07-2019, 03:23 PM)Mixinthecloud Wrote: I'd like to know what monitors you are using when you mixed this.

I use for monitoring:
Genelec 1238 APM
Yamaha NS 10
Microlab Solo 02 MK2
Beyerdynamic DT 990 PRO
Sony N3AP

Thanks for the info. I would love try mixing on Genelecs.

I'm not a fan of the snare in your mix. It seems out of context for this song, hence the question about your monitors.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
Why do you think the snare is out of context ?For mixing you need a good treated room as well as monitors
For me this mix is very middy sounding
(10-07-2019, 08:09 PM)takka360 Wrote: Why do you think the snare is out of context ?For mixing you need a good treated room as well as monitors
For me this mix is very middy sounding

I would agree that treatment of the listening space can be very critical to accurate monitoring regardless of speakers being used. However, I have heard great mixes come from ugly spaces as the human brain has great ability to compensate for those issues. Not always, but in many cases.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
What great mixes ?
(10-07-2019, 08:38 PM)takka360 Wrote: What great mixes ?

And vice-versa. I've heard horrible mixes from great room and top shelf equipment.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
You can usually hear instantly when someones done a mix in a bad room when you are in a treated one with good monitors.
listening to it..MY advice to people in that situation is get some headphones,even some cheap ones are pretty good like the Sennheiser HD 202 ,they are pennies but will do the job and a pretty good job at that.I started with them when i fist started mixing.I have AKG 701 now i use at night but wouldn't worry me if i had to use the Sennheisers and there wouldn't be much difference in the outcome