Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FytaKyte: 'Life Gets In The Way' MIX
Hi,
Here's a little mix of this great song.
Thanks for your comments.

Edit : V2 with some subtle changes.

.mp3    Fytakyte-Life gets in the way.mp3 --  (Download: 5.84 MB)

.mp3    Fytakyte-Life gets in the way-V2.mp3 --  (Download: 5.84 MB)

Hi LeChabe - Nice mix! I like the big explosive snare sound, & the vocals sound cool - right up front and clear. The mix also feels very "glued" and cohesive.

A few things I noted:
-The "wait a minute" echo works great, but the one after it is a little off-putting.
-The mix overall might be a little congested in the low mids. I think the bass could maybe use some cuts around the 300-350hz mark
- I'm hearing a little bit of mix compression "pumping" overall. Maybe either ease off the amount of gain reduction and/or adjust your attack/release times to be a bit more transparent to see if you can retain the great sense of cohesiveness without the negative compression artefacts.

Nice work!
All 10 FytaKyte Multi-Tracks available for you to mix with purchase of Album here: https://fytakyte.bandcamp.com/releases
(09-07-2019, 01:02 PM)FytaKyte Wrote: Hi LeChabe - Nice mix! I like the big explosive snare sound, & the vocals sound cool - right up front and clear. The mix also feels very "glued" and cohesive.

A few things I noted:
-The "wait a minute" echo works great, but the one after it is a little off-putting.
-The mix overall might be a little congested in the low mids. I think the bass could maybe use some cuts around the 300-350hz mark
- I'm hearing a little bit of mix compression "pumping" overall. Maybe either ease off the amount of gain reduction and/or adjust your attack/release times to be a bit more transparent to see if you can retain the great sense of cohesiveness without the negative compression artefacts.

Nice work!

Yeah !! Many thanks for this analyze. I'll tweak my mix and follow your advices.
It's a pleasure to read a constructive reply like this.