Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flymix What Have You Done
here is my mix of "What Have You Done To Me" hope you like it.
any suggestions??

Greetings!
Sergio

.mp3    What Have You Done To Me(2mstr).mp3 --  (Download: 5.22 MB)

.mp3    What Have You Done To Me01.mp3 --  (Download: 5.06 MB)

great mix, Sergio! the only thing that can easily be solved with automation is when she says "cynical" at 0:51 that is a little bit low and I can't hear it well.
mixing since April 2013
Done!!!
Thanks Juanjose!!!
Sounds like a song having problems choosin which direction, rock, pop, funky.
So how to approach mixin that ?

The verses sound rockfunk to me and choruses pop. And then the middle piece. A bit confusin.

Some suggestion:
The high guitar in chorus part is a bit alone. If there are some lower instruments there it wouldnt harm givin them more juice and bv down a bit.

Or maybe its a new genre, popfunkyrock Big Grin
Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order
Nice!! new genre PF&R lol!! Generic mix.within what can be done, it is more correct to do sound as good as possible.
Drivin in my "new" car, an old hoyota previa but it has an excellent stereo system. Listnin to Paul McCartney off the ground album. And the song "lookin for changes" talked to me about guirars and thats exactly what I thought this mix could bebefit from. Take a listen to the song, in the chorus theres this overdrive guitar, introducin lows in the guitars which apart from that are fairly bright in that song. Your mix could do with lows in the chorus, to mane a carpet, so to speak, for the high guitar figure to walk on. As is it kinda floats in the air alone abd unsupported ...
I played with some excellent brasilian musicians years ago who intriduced that picture: we provide a biiig carpet for the solo to walk on. I like that picture Big Grin.
Also one great line the percussionist always said/ Now I know evrything, lets go to mix. With portugeese accent Big Grin
A those memories. Hope you wil take my advice if you make another mix of this.
Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order