Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Starnes & Shah: 'Prodigal Son'_mix Tommy M.
AngelAngelAngel

Now it's funny when you start to mix a song and it becomes an ear-worm, meaning I like it and it now keeps repeating in my head over and over again! Very cool.

With this one, I wanted to make it as clean, crisp, and natural as I could. No heavy bass or effects or large amounts of compression that would have squashed this very cool little tune. The vocals are recorded superbly....what a pleasure to mix!!! That gave me time to concentrate more on the bass, drums, and guitars. So, I am very happy with this mix as it has turned out. The drums, having been recorded in a basement, from what I understand, was the most challenging aspect of this project. However, after really working with them I was able to mold the drums just the way I heard them in my head. All components of the mix are glued together nicely, I feel, and I am proud of the work that I put into this mix and the final result. The mix fits the genre, I believe. Thanks for listening.

Tom

.mp3    Prodigal_4M.mp3 --  (Download: 7.02 MB)

tommymarcinek.com - Tommy Marcinek
Sounds great. There's nothing to complain about. Good job.
Very nice listen, good work
(28-06-2019, 01:10 PM)RoyMatthews Wrote: Sounds great. There's nothing to complain about. Good job.

---------------

Roy, thanks very much!! Coming from you, who I understand recorded and mixed this one for the band, I sincerely thank you!! All the best!

Tom
(28-06-2019, 01:18 PM)Spandexcore Wrote: Very nice listen, good work

----

Spandex.....thanks a million....I sincerely appreciate your compliment and feedback. :-)

Tom