Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Ryan Cali Back Down - master revision after listening to reference tracks
Hi guys,

this is my first time posting here, exciting Big Grin I would welcome you to give me an honest opinion about this mix.

Greetings and all the best,

Chris

June 30th 19:
Revision A is done, be honest please. Peace

Chris

July 1st 19:
Revision B is done, be honest please. Peace

Chris

July 4th 19:

Revision C is done

July 5th 19:

Revision D is done, I guess I´m done so far Smile

July 9th 19:

Mastered version added

July 16th 19:

Master revision after listening to several reference tracks

.mp3    RyanCali_BackDown_ChrisC_MASTER_D.mp3 --  (Download: 8.77 MB)

.mp3    RyanCali_BackDown_ChrisC_Mix.mp3 --  (Download: 9.41 MB)

.mp3    RyanCali_BackDown_ChrisC_RevA.mp3 --  (Download: 8.86 MB)

.mp3    RyanCali_BackDown_ChrisC_RevB.mp3 --  (Download: 8.77 MB)

.mp3    RyanCali_BackDown_ChrisC_RevC.mp3 --  (Download: 8.77 MB)

.mp3    RyanCali_BackDown_ChrisC_RevD.mp3 --  (Download: 8.77 MB)

.mp3    RyanCali_BackDown_ChrisC_MASTER_C.mp3 --  (Download: 8.77 MB)

Good overall balance imo. Maybe play around/pan those hats a bit to add some movement and make the mix more exciting.
It feels pretty good. I like the snare. It's full and punch without being to bright (like on my mix). It could be a more exciting, as Uncle_Clymie said above. It's a solid start as a base mix. It's a little tough because while you want to try to create some excitement you don't want to do anything that sounds to much like a gimmick or something trite but the song still needs some character.
(26-06-2019, 01:22 PM)Uncle_Clymie Wrote: Good overall balance imo. Maybe play around/pan those hats a bit to add some movement and make the mix more exciting.

Thx Uncle_Clymie! Yeah I´ll try to move those hats more in the mix, thx for your feedback! Smile

(26-06-2019, 03:17 PM)RoyMatthews Wrote: It feels pretty good. I like the snare. It's full and punch without being to bright (like on my mix). It could be a more exciting, as Uncle_Clymie said above. It's a solid start as a base mix. It's a little tough because while you want to try to create some excitement you don't want to do anything that sounds to much like a gimmick or something trite but the song still needs some character.

Thx Roy, I´m happy to read you like it so far. Yes, excitement and character, I´ll try out some things. Currently the pressure is on at my day job, but I will post a revision ASAP! Thx for your feedbackSmile

Hi,

I made a revision A.

Cheers

Chris
Hi,

I made a revision B.

Cheers

Chris
Hi,

I made a revision C.

Cheers

Chris
(26-06-2019, 01:22 PM)Uncle_Clymie Wrote: Good overall balance imo. Maybe play around/pan those hats a bit to add some movement and make the mix more exciting.

I just loaded the tracks into my DAW and that was the first thing I did before even signing up for the forum. It seemed obvious to do so since they are different in sound.
Hi,

Revision D is done, please see aboveWink

All the best

Chris C
(05-07-2019, 07:05 PM)Kilo Wrote: I just loaded the tracks into my DAW and that was the first thing I did before even signing up for the forum. It seemed obvious to do so since they are different in sound.

Hi Kilo,

you mean you like what you hear?

Cheers