Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
David Tyo - Oh Life
Hi all.
Upload my take on this little gem of a song.
Appreciate all input that I can get on this.

//laz

.mp3    David Tyo - Oh Life.mp3 --  (Download: 3.77 MB)

Sounding really good laz. Vocal is sounding too edgy, sibilant and possibly a little strident. I do love the reverb behind it though. I reckon you could feature this more throughout the song.
(24-06-2019, 11:29 AM)Dangerous Wrote: Sounding really good laz. Vocal is sounding too edgy, sibilant and possibly a little strident. I do love the reverb behind it though. I reckon you could feature this more throughout the song.

Thx a lot for your input!

Very nice interpretation laz. Dave's comments about the vocal I think stem from the amount of compression on the vocal. Certainly the dynamics of this arrangement are its biggest challenge. It can be a difficult to tame the vocal dynamics and not cause artifacts. Deciding how much of the dynamics of the arrangement to retain is a tough decision on this song.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
(06-07-2019, 03:41 PM)Mixinthecloud Wrote: Very nice interpretation laz. Dave's comments about the vocal I think stem from the amount of compression on the vocal. Certainly the dynamics of this arrangement are its biggest challenge. It can be a difficult to tame the vocal dynamics and not cause artifacts. Deciding how much of the dynamics of the arrangement to retain is a tough decision on this song.
It sure is.
thx for your comments!

Lasse
(08-07-2019, 07:55 AM)lazpete Wrote:
(06-07-2019, 03:41 PM)Mixinthecloud Wrote: Very nice interpretation laz. Dave's comments about the vocal I think stem from the amount of compression on the vocal. Certainly the dynamics of this arrangement are its biggest challenge. It can be a difficult to tame the vocal dynamics and not cause artifacts. Deciding how much of the dynamics of the arrangement to retain is a tough decision on this song.
It sure is.
thx for your comments!

Lasse

I would suggest completing your mixes at 320K/44.1 mp3 which always translates better on here. Looks like you did yours at 128 which will certainly impact the high end.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
(08-07-2019, 06:03 PM)Mixinthecloud Wrote:
(08-07-2019, 07:55 AM)lazpete Wrote:
It sure is.
thx for your comments!

Lasse

I would suggest completing your mixes at 320K/44.1 mp3 which always translates better on here. Looks like you did yours at 128 which will certainly impact the high end.

You got a point here, I must have been sleeping during rendering.
Thx!