Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Back Down Mix & Master
Cool tune. Harder to mix than I initially thought, I went though about 20 iterations but gotta call it done as it's going to get. I had one major goal and that was make hard hitting kick and use some re-synthesis techniques to add higher harmonics to make it audible even on laptop speakers.

Enjoy!

EDIT: Master has some weird distortion I thought I had got rid of, so updated with new master that doesn't have those issues.

.mp3    Back Down Mixdown FINAL.mp3 --  (Download: 9.37 MB)

.mp3    Back Down Master FINAL.mp3 --  (Download: 9.37 MB)

Hi Rageix listening to both your mix I feel you might have to back off with the limiter/compression? it all sounds to slammed, hope that helps.
Reaper user
(24-06-2019, 06:36 AM)Cudjoe Wrote: Hi Rageix listening to both your mix I feel you might have to back off with the limiter/compression? it all sounds to slammed, hope that helps.

Appreciate the feedback. It should sound slammed, my goal was to make a competitively loud track to today's music standards. The way you do that is by reducing dynamic range so that the overall volume of the track is louder. I think you're right, the master in particular is too smashed and it really does smash the voice more than it should. I probably need to really cut far back on the final limiting of the master.