Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.67 Average
Ryan Cali : Back Down (OTB)
Here's a quick OTB/Hybrid mix. 1176 on main vocals, RNC on the synths and a bit of C4 on top of everything.

.mp3    BackDown_OTB_Mix.mp3 --  (Download: 9.31 MB)

I find the drums are too forward, this song doesnt have a ton of melodies/hooks and it feels kinda dry without the synths up front in my opinion. Gotta love that 1176 though!
Thanks for the feedback, completely forgot to turn up the piano in V1 Dodgy. It's a banger with aggressive drum sounds/vocals so I generally tend to bring drums up front in these situations but I guess it's a matter of taste in the end. Added some master processing in this one as well.

.mp3    BackDown_V2.mp3 --  (Download: 9.35 MB)

Hi uncle Clymie i like v2 but I finding the kick too dominating and the synth in the chorus could come down too,thanks for sharing your mix.
Reaper user
Thanks for checking out the mix! Yeah I have to agree with you now that I listen to it again through cans. Don't have the luxury of monitoring with a sub so low-end is sometimes hit or miss. I've got a pair of Genelec 8330s that only go to 58hz... I'll BackDown the kick a notch or two Smile
Hi Uncle, I really like the vocal sound, nice and smooth and the overall balance except kick and hats. The kick has too much energy for the rest of the mix, may you bring the level down a few dB and there might be a bit too much lowend, maybe cutting a bit helps here. I use a vu meter for additional bass judging help with great success, maybe you can benefit from that too. Regarding hats, I think they dominate the vocals too much frequency wise, maybe you try high cutting or bringing the level down a bit, or both. Hope that helps Wink

Cheers