Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fergessen: 'Back From The Start'
Fergessen: 'Back From The Start'

.mp3    Back From The Start(2).mp3 --  (Download: 6.03 MB)

Kudos for finding where to place those sloppy bongos/congas, I pretty much gave up on them (thou they should have been played better). Seems you went for a clean foundation, so it's not very full and warm sounding at the beginning but then you have the space to build up. Actually, it's from 1:50 that I have the best time listening to the tune, thanks to the tom (well recorded and well mixed), the bass and the gospelish choirs.

Left side seems to be a little weaker listening with headphones, that's as much as I can think of. Good, no-nonsense mix.
(22-05-2019, 02:52 PM)Deliza Wrote: Kudos for finding where to place those sloppy bongos/congas, I pretty much gave up on them (thou the should have been played better). Seems you went for a clean foundation, so it's not very full and warm sounding at the beginning but then you have the space to build up. Actually, it's from 1:50 that I have the best time listening to the tune, thanks to the tom (well recorded and well mixed), the bass and the gospelish choirs.

Left side seems to be a little weaker listening with headphones, that's as much as I can think of. Good, no-nonsense mix.

Thank you Deliza for your comments. I was looking for a knocking drums that provided punch and kind of a hip hop base. I think the payoff of this song its when the gospel choir enters the arrangement and the bass - guitar interplay its another cool moment, so all those got some automation to shine a light on them. The lyrics are awesome too... the line "fear its what I fear the most" its brilliant in my opinion. I wish I could work with this band from tracking stages and mix new stuff for them. Take care.
(22-05-2019, 05:38 PM)javierpg84 Wrote: I wish I could work with this band from tracking stages and mix new stuff for them.

Me too and I'd definitely ask them not to print different lead vocals on one mono track and also encourage them to Netflix and chill better than lose time putting 4 mics on one acoustic guitar cos that's so overkill.

Working on "The Wind" now, I'll check out your mix ASAP!