Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My mix on Maggie May
Hello guys, long time since i get in the forum and mix in general..
I had some jobs keeping me behind, bat i got back with fresh ears.Tongue

Now for the song.
Really great song, i miss that kind of bands..
The recording was.. pretty bad, with various problems, bat i didn't frustrated, because simple, i loved the song.

I tried to give it a touch of 70s (though the song is 70s without me Tongue)
Hope you like it guys!Smile

.mp3    Maggie May.mp3 --  (Download: 6.35 MB)

Well..some de ess was needed..

.mp3    Maggie May.mp3 --  (Download: 6.6 MB)

Listnin on headphones. Its a bit bright for seventies to me Big Grin
Did you use both vocal tracks ? Or use some kind o doubler ? If the first is the case you did a good job alignin the 2 vocal tracks.
Its temptin to pull out lot o the boomy room sound, but a mot o the vibe goes with it.
Suggest try eq little less. But thats my taste.
Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order
Hey Voelund, thanks for listening and took the time for suggestions.

I agree with you, that is more bright than 70s records use to be, i did though knowing that.
Bat as you said lot of vibe goes with this..
I tried to give a uk vibe on that more than us, like rolling stones, witch (for my defence Tongue) are a bit brighter than similar songs on that decade..
I used the scratch vocals for the double plus a 16nth note stereo delay (a really tiny amount though) just for widening the vocals.

The truth is i agree with you for less eq,for that kind of songs, bat i never tried something similar and i was afraid to do it..
Next time i will experiment more!
Thanks again dude!
Youre welcome Big Grin
I made a mix of this long ago, it is pretty dark and may inspire you. Maybe eq on the delay will make it more tape like ?
Happy mixin !
Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order
I will listen your mix soon enough dude!Big Grin

I eq the delay and it only have mid range!Tongue
Bat as i said is so little amount that you really dont hearing it, just feeling it.
The only delay you can hear is the scratch vocals.