Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My First Go... Be Gentle!
Finally got 'round to trying this mixing thing after a thousand years of unfinished recording projects in my little home studios.

This is my first stab at the Brew's track. I used REAPER on Windows 7.

I initially went for a more dry, intimate sound, but the track lead me to a more reverby thing all on its own Undecided I completely scrapped the BVs and the toms (all the while citing artistic license) and left in the throat-clearing for some, ahem, "realism".

I have a few things I think could be improved but I'd like to hear "unprovoked" comments.

Many thanks in advance!

Dave

.mp3    TheBrew_WhatIWant_ambiguation.com.mp3 --  (Download: 3.52 MB)

My hat's off to you for a bold approach to this one. You use of delay is very good. Having heard this one many times I must say I like it better with the BK vocals. Another approach you could take with the tom tracks is to use expansion. Again, your overall balance and vocal effects sound really good to me Smile
To mix or not to mix ... mix!
I haven't tried to this one and I haven't heard any version of this song before, so I have no perspective for this song.

But I listened it, and it sounds very balanced and good to me. And also the effects feels good.
Thanks for the feedback, guys! I *really* appreciate it! You've given me inspiration to keep going!

I downloaded a few tracks from here and from the Weathervane site, so I'll get back to it!

Thanks again! :-)
i think the bass is a little loud good job on the rest