Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
2022 mix
These comments relate to your final mix. There's a very audible hiss in the the final mixdown, this would be problematic during a master as the volume gets turned way up and it would become unbearable. I've mixed this song and I think there maybe be a teeny tiny hiss in the source material but yours is very audible. Not sure the actual cause, but might be a plugin issue, as I experienced this with some in the past. The vocal delay I think is a bit much. Nice use of panning on the some of the vocals, really adds some width. I think you should be panning some of drums to create some extra stereo width. The vocals come off as a bit dry to me, needs a bit of saturation and maybe some eqing.
(19-06-2019, 11:52 AM)thedon Wrote: Hey Cudjoe ,
I like your version ,Nice vocal delay a lot better sounding mix than I ended up with.
While listening thinking some more punch with the snare and some low end definition with the bass and kick would make your mix more punchier to me anyway.
The snare sounds spread wide in the side channels and missing the body in the centre , Maybe the low frequencies of the bass and kick could be rolled off in the side channels to give the centre some more definition and punch.
Take my thoughts with a grain of salt as I have a lot to learn about this genre .
Cheers Big Grin
Hi don yeah I do agree with you and I will look into it on next mix.
Reaper user
(24-06-2019, 03:39 AM)rageix Wrote: These comments relate to your final mix. There's a very audible hiss in the the final mixdown, this would be problematic during a master as the volume gets turned way up and it would become unbearable. I've mixed this song and I think there maybe be a teeny tiny hiss in the source material but yours is very audible. Not sure the actual cause, but might be a plugin issue, as I experienced this with some in the past. The vocal delay I think is a bit much. Nice use of panning on the some of the vocals, really adds some width. I think you should be panning some of drums to create some extra stereo width. The vocals come off as a bit dry to me, needs a bit of saturation and maybe some eqing.
Hi Rageix thanks for listening and posting your comments, I will look into it.
Reaper user
Howdy! Personally I like the #3 the most. Balance seems good for the most part but I feel like the snare could be just a tad lower and vocals would benefit from some beefing up around (200 - 400hz) area. Do you mix with Waves plugins? Some of them have "Analog" switch (VComp for example) which adds plenty of unnecessary hiss. Put that on every vocal track and you multiply that hiss quite a lot. Big Grin
(24-06-2019, 08:48 PM)Uncle_Clymie Wrote: Howdy! Personally I like the #3 the most. Balance seems good for the most part but I feel like the snare could be just a tad lower and vocals would benefit from some beefing up around (200 - 400hz) area. Do you mix with Waves plugins? Some of them have "Analog" switch (VComp for example) which adds plenty of unnecessary hiss. Put that on every vocal track and you multiply that hiss quite a lot. Big Grin
Hi the hiss Is coming from analog processing and not plugins,i will clean it up on next mix, cheers.
Reaper user
I could only quickly check out the final mix until the online player started acting weird.. Overall it felt pretty cool. I didn't find the hiss to be particularly loud or problematic at all. It's noticeable in the intro but minimal compared to the rest of the track once the song really kicks in. I'll hopefully will get a chance to listen again later but I had no issues with what I heard so far.
(25-06-2019, 01:26 PM)RoyMatthews Wrote: I could only quickly check out the final mix until the online player started acting weird.. Overall it felt pretty cool. I didn't find the hiss to be particularly loud or problematic at all. It's noticeable in the intro but minimal compared to the rest of the track once the song really kicks in. I'll hopefully will get a chance to listen again later but I had no issues with what I heard so far.
Cheers Roy, i have uploaded final mix hiss removed.Big Grin
Reaper user
(25-06-2019, 04:44 PM)Cudjoe Wrote:
(25-06-2019, 01:26 PM)RoyMatthews Wrote: I could only quickly check out the final mix until the online player started acting weird.. Overall it felt pretty cool. I didn't find the hiss to be particularly loud or problematic at all. It's noticeable in the intro but minimal compared to the rest of the track once the song really kicks in. I'll hopefully will get a chance to listen again later but I had no issues with what I heard so far.
Cheers Roy, i have uploaded final mix hiss removed.Big Grin
Ha. Don't blame me the hiss seemed like a non issue to me. Big Grin
Lol iam not.
Reaper user
2022 mix added
Reaper user