Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
2022 mix
Love this track,enjoy!Smile
Iam in the process of updating some of my old mixes,comments welcomed.

.mp3    Ryan Cali Back Down 2022 new mix.mp3 --  (Download: 9.35 MB)

.mp3    Ryan Cali Back Down mix 1.mp3 --  (Download: 9.31 MB)

.mp3    Ryan Cali Back Down mix 2.mp3 --  (Download: 9.34 MB)

.mp3    Ryan Cali Back Down 2022 mix.mp3 --  (Download: 9.21 MB)

Reaper user
Mix 2 uploaded any comments?
Reaper user
Sounds great Cudjoe, The only things for me are the hi hats are sounding a little exposed and I'm wondering if you can get anymore definition and clarity in the main vocal part? Unfortunately I don't know too much about this genre so take these comments with a grain of salt.
(09-06-2019, 10:10 AM)Dangerous Wrote: Sounds great Cudjoe, The only things for me are the hi hats are sounding a little exposed and I'm wondering if you can get anymore definition and clarity in the main vocal part? Unfortunately I don't know too much about this genre so take these comments with a grain of salt.
Hi Dave and thanks for your comments,for this type of genre hi hats are usually well forward in the mix but I do agree about the main vocals, i think I do need a bit more clarity on them (nothing a touch of eq couldn't solve),mix 3 on its way later after work.
Reaper user
Many thanks goes out to Dave for his comments,i have done a mix3 with some adjustments recommended by Dave.
Reaper user
Hey Cudjoe

Im digging mix 3, to me it has more all over clarity and a bit more bite on the percussion. Listened on the headphones, sounded great
Super Job
Cheers
KSmile
Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.
Mix 3 is sounding good! Nice and clean. One of the things that stands out for me is the high hats could be balanced a bit better. The hat sample thats a bit more mid heavy seems to be really up front compared to the others. Vox could possibly come up a bit more too.
Niko
----------------------------
Latest project : Noise Implant
(13-06-2019, 01:41 AM)KMuzic Wrote: Hey Cudjoe

Im digging mix 3, to me it has more all over clarity and a bit more bite on the percussion. Listened on the headphones, sounded great
Super Job
Cheers
KSmile
Hi Kirk nice to hear from you again,glad you like it.
Reaper user
(13-06-2019, 03:28 AM)axxessdenied Wrote: Mix 3 is sounding good! Nice and clean. One of the things that stands out for me is the high hats could be balanced a bit better. The hat sample thats a bit more mid heavy seems to be really up front compared to the others. Vox could possibly come up a bit more too.
Hi Niko, Dangerous said the same thing i think that is was abit nervous to take too much away but once i did it sounded ok,cheers you guys my final mix is now uploaded.
Reaper user
Hey Cudjoe ,
I like your version ,Nice vocal delay a lot better sounding mix than I ended up with.
While listening thinking some more punch with the snare and some low end definition with the bass and kick would make your mix more punchier to me anyway.
The snare sounds spread wide in the side channels and missing the body in the centre , Maybe the low frequencies of the bass and kick could be rolled off in the side channels to give the centre some more definition and punch.
Take my thoughts with a grain of salt as I have a lot to learn about this genre .
Cheers Big Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts