Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My first try at "Backroom In Tulsa"
Always looking for comments and critiques to make my mixes better!

.mp3    Backroom In Tulsa.mp3 --  (Download: 8.59 MB)

I like lofi vocal, sounds like recorded through distorted harmonica mic. My only concer is hi-hat volume - it's too loud and in your face compared to other instruments which have roomy feel. In other words it sticks out. Other than that i like the balance and feel. Kick could be more present to keep the pulse.
Here's my second shot...after listening in detail, it sounds like it was recorded multiple times on different days and comped together. The beginning parts of the guitar and vocal sound a bit different from the ending parts. Tried to work around that a bit. Also tried the new free reverb that Waves gave to PreSounus users.

(07-06-2019, 10:19 PM)Grzesiek Wrote: I like lofi vocal, sounds like recorded through distorted harmonica mic. My only concer is hi-hat volume - it's too loud and in your face compared to other instruments which have roomy feel. In other words it sticks out. Other than that i like the balance and feel. Kick could be more present to keep the pulse.

On the second one I tweak a number of things. Thanks for the notes.
Something was weird happened when I opened the song for mix # 2. Half the inserts and half the sends were turned off. Not sure if that affected mix # 2...I should have heard it...anyways here's # 3. most likely my last go at this one.

I like your ensemble but as the song builds the lofi vocal gets lost. Building out of the lofi to full range might have helped. Just a thought.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]