Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
David Tyo: 'Oh, Life'_mix Tommy Marcinek
(05-06-2019, 08:31 PM)LukasL Wrote: Hey Tom,

here is some feedback:

I am not a fan of the vocal processing it sounds kind of robotic and abrasive to me? Is this a very tiny room verb or delay of same sort?
Anyway, If you want to use this effect to achieve a certain atmosphere or creative effect you could leave it as is, otherwise you should revisit that in my opinion.

I really enjoyed the small but very effective acoustic guitar edit at 0:50. Very cool! Smile The treatment of the piano also is great.

The drums samples work for the most part except the snare. I think its a bit hollow sounding and does not blend in.

To me it sounds like you are going for a distorted, squashed sounding chours.
I wonder what the drums would sound like if you squashed them even more and really killed the transient to achieve that Loudness War sound...
Usually I am no fan of this but I suspect it could work here

I think you achieved a distincitve and creative mix of this tune. My only real gripe is the vocal processing on the main vocal. Otherwise a nicely crafted mix.

Cheers,
LukasAngel
------------------------

Lukas,

Thanks for the props and suggestions. I took them to heart and am about to upload another mix with some changes to reflect your critique. Also, Don had the same thing to say about the vocal processing. You mentioned "samples" as to the drums. I don't know if you mean that you think I added samples or sound-replaced anything - I did not. Those are the original tracks provided. I eq'd the snare a bit better and added some more compression and it sits way better in the mix. I could have automated the volume up a hair in the choruses but, I can't spend too much time on my computer because of an eye surgery I had four weeks ago for a detached retina. Hope you like version 7M, and thanks again for your input.

Tom

tommymarcinek.com - Tommy Marcinek

Messages In This Thread
RE: David Tyo: 'Oh, Life'_mix Tommy Marcinek - by tjmtruth - 13-06-2019, 02:22 PM