Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.2 Average
Digital Only Logic Proz Back Dizzle
Yah!

This is my first ever Hip Hop/Rap track EVER. So please be kind with feedback, I really don't know what to do with it.

Digital Only, pure Logic plugins and a UAD compressor for the Vocals and thats it.

*Edit* Was inspired by the other mixes with vocal width so I put on my own, and also made it louder. Also added some fills to the percussion and made the snare sound better. Original is a harsh pos.

.m4a    Ryan_Cali_Back_Down_M1.3.m4a --  (Download: 9.33 MB)

~
Other Mixes
hi! basically everything sounds ok, but for me there's something nasty about the uppermids or treble. but indeed the mix sounds good and feels balanced. nice job! ^_^
(03-06-2019, 06:11 PM)kapu Wrote: hi! basically everything sounds ok, but for me there's something nasty about the uppermids or treble. but indeed the mix sounds good and feels balanced. nice job! ^_^

Oh really? Could you describe the upper mid nastiness? I'm not sure what you mean. Is it coming through the hats? or the vocals?
~
Other Mixes
(04-06-2019, 10:29 AM)Quathamer Wrote: Oh really? Could [...]

hmm. i guess it could be the snare transient (around 2-3k) in combination with the pretty high amount of 'average' energy in the highs (roughly 8k and above). i think it's good to have that sparkle for some elements, but now it feel like it's like 'omni present' in the mix, coming in from 'every direction' all the time, or something. or maybe it's just me, cant say for sure. but as said, for me the mix in itself sounds good, and this could be also something in the main mix bus. ^_^
(04-06-2019, 11:27 AM)kapu Wrote:
(04-06-2019, 10:29 AM)Quathamer Wrote: Oh really? Could [...]

hmm. i guess it could be the snare transient (around 2-3k) in combination with the pretty high amount of 'average' energy in the highs (roughly 8k and above). i think it's good to have that sparkle for some elements, but now it feel like it's like 'omni present' in the mix, coming in from 'every direction' all the time, or something. or maybe it's just me, cant say for sure. but as said, for me the mix in itself sounds good, and this could be also something in the main mix bus. ^_^

Oh I see, yeah you might be right. Maybe I've listened to it too many times to notice. Mind you I did to the 8k+ air on purpose with Logic's overdrive and it can be a bit like that. I wanted the highs to be really obvious because I hear it in most modern hiphop tracks, but maybe I'm not doing it justice.
~
Other Mixes
Hi Quathamer nice mix but there is something wrong with the kick!its almost like there is 2 panned (headphones) listening,
also the piano sounds abit too flanged imo,well done anyway.
Reaper user
(05-06-2019, 03:21 PM)Cudjoe Wrote: Hi Quathamer nice mix but there is something wrong with the kick!its almost like there is 2 panned (headphones) listening,
also the piano sounds abit too flanged imo,well done anyway.

Hello Cudjoe,
The kick raw is a little uninteresting, so I didn't use 2 panned rather the raw one with a short stereo delay, phase flipped and distorted giving it a nice fat feel. I wouldn't say there is something wrong with it because that's what I intended for it. Whether its right or not comes down to taste. It's a creative move, not necessarily a popular one.
And I agree with you about the piano. I was trying to give it an out of tune, more human feel, but I don't have the opportunity to retrack this session so I modulated it.
~
Other Mixes
Hi Quathamer sorry i didnt mean wrong i meant odd its all subjective as we already know.
Reaper user
(05-06-2019, 06:51 PM)Cudjoe Wrote: Hi Quathamer sorry i didnt mean wrong i meant odd its all subjective as we already know.

All good lad. That been said, there are plenty of mistakes in mixing. Like when listeners can't tell what the lead vocal is saying, or when a mix is hurting listeners ears, as so on. And then there are other more "quality of experience" mistakes, such as a bodiless mix, or a lazy unprocessed mix that sounds like it hasn't been touched, or an overly processed mix, etc.
~
Other Mixes