Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 2.88 Average
Ryan Cali: Back Down kapu mix
hope it turned out ok. ^_^

.mp3    ryan_cali_back_down_kapu_mix.mp3 --  (Download: 9.62 MB)

.mp3    ryan-cali-back-down-kapu-mix2.mp3 --  (Download: 9.51 MB)

It's elegant Kapu... I would just turn up the voice a lil more and maybe have a more snappy clap or snare in there. I like what you did... you have a thing for this kind of music Smile Really liked the intro.
(01-06-2019, 09:35 AM)Shul Wrote: It's elegant Kapu... [...]

thanks! i kind of 'unsnapped' the beat on purpose to make the song a bit more ambient. maybe should have gone with the more 'traditional' in-your-face sound. ^_^
added second mix. ^_^
I gotta say, of all the mixes I've heard, your vocals are very good. I love the effects you have to widen the double. Also like the stings the vocal makes and the distant effect you got on it. Very nice.

My only critique would be that the foundation of the tone is very bass heavy, like you were working on small speakers or headphones with a thin response. I need to turn my sub down in order to hear the other parts of the mix. But aside from that, just lovely, and if you were to shift the foundations to be brighter, its pretty well spot on.
~
Other Mixes
Hi!

Nice mix overall, IMO maybe kick should get more low-end, and bass is too loud on some parts.

I like what you did with the vocals. Good job!
(03-06-2019, 02:22 PM)Quathamer Wrote: I gotta say, [...]

thanks for feedback! you might be right about the bass. although i tried to flatline the peak levels against pink noise weighted metering, which seems to be quite common method for rough main mix balancing. have to pay attention for that. ^_^
(03-06-2019, 02:50 PM)Q-Mix Wrote: Hi! [...]

thanks for listening! the bass level indeed might need some revisiting, but at least it should be at consistent level through the song. ^_^
Hi Kapu i prefer mix 2 but the piano in mix 1 is better imo mix 2 piano seems abit too loud, iam working on this one ,very good mixing.
Reaper user
(05-06-2019, 05:09 PM)Cudjoe Wrote: Hi Kapu i prefer [...]

thanks for feedback! indeed the piano could go down. i may have had a plan to automate the piano down for verses or something. ^_^