Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Mix of Eyes
here is my mix of the song eyes. I want to know how it translates and opinions! Thanks!

.mp3    eyes mix 4.mp3 --  (Download: 10.49 MB)

Really like your drums, the kick is right on the money, and the horns fill out the chorus really nicely. Some things I noticed is you hard panned the acoustic guitar mic, or maybe ditched it all together? and its causing the stereo image to be thrown off. That mic was hard to deal with I know as it was pretty much just a room mic but something feels missing. Also the mando is pretty buried. This mandolin was tricky because it always felt so small and required a lot of EQ to get it to cut.
(18-05-2019, 05:45 AM)Nickm123 Wrote: Really like your drums, the kick is right on the money, and the horns fill out the chorus really nicely. Some things I noticed is you hard panned the acoustic guitar mic, or maybe ditched it all together? and its causing the stereo image to be thrown off. That mic was hard to deal with I know as it was pretty much just a room mic but something feels missing. Also the mando is pretty buried. This mandolin was tricky because it always felt so small and required a lot of EQ to get it to cut.

thanks for your reply. i mantein the pans of the original mix, but i understand what you are sayng, maybe is that the electric on de right is a litlle bit loud, and thats what its causing the problem in the image. what do you think?
and yes, the mando was really tricky, im gonna keep working on that!
thanks again!
sounds pretty good.Nice job.Not as easy as it looks to mix this
(24-05-2019, 06:52 PM)takka360 Wrote: sounds pretty good.Nice job.Not as easy as it looks to mix this

thanks!!!