Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bronze Radio Return: 'Mister, Mister'
Noisy house headphone mixTongue

Comments Welcome

.mp3    Bronze Radio Return-Mister Mister-01.mp3 --  (Download: 5.59 MB)

Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.
Sounding good KMusic, and is translating to my monitors nicely. I think with a track like this you could exploit the dynamics a bit more. I think those claps in the intro could come up quite a bit. I feel the vocal needs some more weight or grounding especially in the opening verse and possibly up a dB also. That been said, balance is good and the mix has that commercial sound to it. Time to have some fun with some automation if you haven't already. Automation... have I said that before somewhere? I feel like my repeating myself. Oh well.Tongue
(18-05-2019, 05:16 AM)Dangerous Wrote: Sounding good KMusic, and is translating to my monitors nicely. I think with a track like this you could exploit the dynamics a bit more. I think those claps in the intro could come up quite a bit. I feel the vocal needs some more weight or grounding especially in the opening verse and possibly up a dB also. That been said, balance is good and the mix has that commercial sound to it. Time to have some fun with some automation if you haven't already. Automation... have I said that before somewhere? I feel like my repeating myself. Oh well.Tongue

Hey Dave
I actually turned the claps down and high cut them, Ill try turning them back up again. Automation!!!Tongue I guess I'm not confident in my automation, your right I should just get a bit more aggressive with it. There is volume automation on the banjo, L guitar and the organ, but very slight moves. Ill give it another shot and see how it goes. The vocals were weird, I tried a bunch of things to get them to pop, even put a U87 pre on them and the just sounded flat, I might have de'essed them too much also.

Thanks Dave, that helps a lot.

Back to workTongue
Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.
Hey KMuzic,

Solid mix!
Balance is good.
I like the drums, really good job there.

During his first line(speaking)
I was like wow those vocals cant sound like that considering the track, and thought you ware cheating Smile
a bit later though it was somewhat anti-climatic
a bit on the thin'ish side.

Great listen overall!
Cheers! Smile